Y4A: Yoga for Amputees by Marsha T Danzig
Gain the self-assurance to TEACH YOGA safely & compassionately to AMPUTEES from the comfort of home
NEW FOR ALL OUR TRAININGS:
HOW TO TEACH ONLINE WITH TIPS,
TOOLS AND MADE FOR YOU TEMPLATES.
HOW TO SIGN UP
1. Fill out the Application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Pay for the course
3. If doing the individualized course, email Marsha to set up times and days. Once paid ,registered and time/days coordinated , welcome materials will be sent within one business day.
4. If doing the Thursday evening group class, once paid and registered welcome materials will be sent within one business day.
5. DOWNLOAD THE FULL DESCRIPTION HERE.
Set your own hours coordinating with Yoga for Amputees for global time zones
Hover over pictures to learn more
Be able to differentiate types of amputation
Learn how to adapt yoga & breathing techniques to above ,below knee, and upper extremity amputees
Learn what muscles groups are affected by limb loss and prosthetic use
Be able to demonstrate and teach warm-ups and an easy to follow, easy to teach sequence of poses to amputees
Gain tools to help amputees develop strong core muscles, essential for walking with
a prosthesis , balance and using crutches or a wheelchair.
Gain greater understanding of the psycho-emotional issues associated with amputation, and how yoga based tools can help heal psycho-emotional wounds
Teach yoga & meditation techniques for phantom pain & associated pain due to limb loss
JOIN MARSHA FOR THIS MUCH ADMIRED TRAINING
WHAT YOU GET
Observation skills for range of motion
• How to safely adapt poses for above knee, below-knee, and upper-extremity amputees by applying the Yoga for Amputees Foundations protocol
• Basic physical, psychological, and emotional effects of amputation
• Guidance on how to support amputees dealing with grief
• Pain and trauma management through yoga
• Meditative exercises to support amputees’ physical & mental healing
• The highly regarded Yoga for Amputees Training manual, listing on Yoga For Amputees website as a certified Yoga For Amputees Instructor , Continuing Education through Yoga Alliance for Registered Yoga Teachers
Certificate of Completion
Certified 200 hour and beyond yoga teachers
Yoga Teachers in a current 200 hour training
WHO CAN ATTEND
What happens in an online training?
8 Weekly 90 minute LIVE recorded sessions + Bonus Class on Teaching Online, Q & A and marketing
Weekly pre-recorded material and handouts
Weekly home study
Two mentorship calls available for one year from training date
Ability to attend another online training for 10% discount
Group class in evening, OR set your own hours
8 WEEK TRAINING MODULES
The Y4A Protocol
What is an amputation?
Types of Amputations and Prosthetics
Pain Management Techniques Yoga for Phantom Limb Pain
Chair Yoga for Amputees
Warm Ups for Amputees
Environment, Set Up,
Ethics and Boundaries
The Grief Process
Trauma , PTSD and survivorship
Benefits and Contraindications Asana for Below Knee, Above Knee Upper Extremity Amputees
Working with Veteran Amputees
Understanding Military Culture
In Depth Study
Yoga Poses For Amputees
Yoga Nidra For Amputees